You will be working with the leading independent Italian restaurant and Cookery School group, Giovanni’s to raise awareness of the Giovanni offering to new markets, as well as working to sustain the first class reputation of the Giovanni brand amongst the existing clientele. As the sales and marketing manager your key priority is to ensure the objectives and targets outlined by the managing director are achieved. As part of this role you will manage the marketing and sales budgets, manage the secretarial responsibilities of a dynamic office, support Giovanni’s restaurant managers, and supervise the day to day new business enquiries. This is a hands on, pro-active role that can be tailored by yourself as per the business needs.
You will be working in a fast paced environment where passion and independence is key therefore a self-motivated and efficient working style is essential. You will be working from your own office and expected to manage the expectations of a busy MD and deliver on the marketing requirements of 2 restaurants, a cookery school, a takeaway service and personal publicity of the MD.
- The key objective is to maximise sales and raise awareness of the brand.
- This is a varied role that includes sales outreach and administration, event management and marketing management.
- Work with MD and external PR company to develop marketing strategy and ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Manage marketing campaigns and sales conversions, work with restaurant managers to guide, support and lead on promotions.
- Manage related suppliers and marketing budget for the organisation, working closely with MD and the various department managers.
- Administer new business enquiries via email and telephone with occasional new business meetings if required.
- Office Administration and management – e.g. using variety of software such as excel and word, cleanse and update existing databases, take meeting minutes.
- Research and development – undertake research in-line with company objectives/requirements.
- Compile content and issue fortnightly newsletters promoting business offers and latest news
- Liaison and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations
- Promo, undertake promotional activity in-line with business objectives including flyering and prospecting when required
- Office management, ensure all post, key files, collateral and resource is supervised
- Exhibiting support at external events, such as business exhibitions
- Support appointed PR company with procurement of marketing information, work in line with brief from PR agency
- Secretarial support to the Managing Director, filing key documents, organise busy diary of MD
- PR support to MD promote public profile across all media platforms including print and television with support from appointed PR agency
- Regularly update and manage social media activity
- Event management of external events lead by Giovanni’s Group and internal events, to incorporate charity events, networking launches and fundraising
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Must be able to work under pressure in dynamic but rewarding environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the provision of marketing and sales.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a senior role.
- Up to 50 hours a week
- Primarily a Monday – Friday role
- Must be flexible and available from 8am – 8pm flexi-time working available, e.g. 12pm – 8pm or 9pm – 5pm as per business requirements. You will be expected to manage your own rota.
- Will be required to work on occasional weekends e.g. on major sporting days in the city, such as rugby internationals.
- Private office and Apple desktop computer supplied.
Salary from £25,000 + benefits dependent upon experience.
Application by post, please address CV and cover letter to
Giovanni's Restaurants and Cookery School
10/11 Mill Lane